Key CSR objectives and indicators
We strive to create value for all CNP Assurances stakeholders as a responsible insurer and investor. Climate targets: a satisfactory performance in the period to end‑2017
- Target: 30% reduction in the carbon footprint of the portfolio of directly held listed equities between 2014 and 2021 *. Target achieved at end‑2017: 121%
- Target: €3 billion in “green” investments by the end of 2018. Target achieved at end‑2017: 81%
- Target: 20% reduction in the energy consumption of real estate assets between 2006 and 2020. Target achieved at end‑2017: 48%
- Target: Exclusion of companies deriving more than one-quarter of their revenue from thermal coal. Target achieved at end‑2017: 100%
* In our 2017 results press release published on 22 February 2018, we stated that we had stepped up our commitment to reducing the carbon footprint of the directly held equities portfolio, setting an objective of 0.25 teqCO2/€k invested by end‑2021 versus 0.33 teqCO2/€k invested in 2014. This commitment represents a reduction of 47% compared to the 2014 baseline, versus the 2017 targeted reduction of 30% mentioned in the registration document.
The external CSR evaluation
The quality of CNP Assurances’ Corporate Social Responsibility policy has been recognised by SRI rating agencies. We obtained particularly high scores for our performance in the areas of Human Resources management and community outreach.
- Sustainalytics: 83/100 (August 2014). 5th out of 94 (global insurance) www.sustainalytics.com
- Oekom : Prime B- (2017).1/128 (global insurance). www.oekom-research.com
- Vigeo : (2016). 6th out of 42 (european insurance companie). www.vigeo.com
- MSCI : AAA (2017)
- CDP : B (2017)
CNP Assurances in SRI indices
CNP Assurances’ shares are included in several European SRI indices. In particular, its presence in the Ethibel Sustainability Index Excellence Europe, the Euronext Vigeo Eurozone 120 and Europe 120 indexes and the MSCI Global Sustainability Indexes has been confirmed. Since 2015, the share has been part of the FTSE4Good Index.